The Marble and Granite Centre Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
HOW TO AVOID COOKIES
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can setup your browser so as to block all cookies, delete existing cookies from your computer’s hard disk drive or issue a warning before any new cookie is downloaded. Please consult your web browsers help function for instructions on how to do this.
WHAT’S THE LIFETIME OF A COOKIE?
A cookie’s lifetime varies depending on the purpose for which they have been created. Some cookies disappear as soon as the browser is being shut down (temporary cookies) while others can live on for several months (permanent cookies). Many providers specify a 12 or 24 months lifetime on advertisement, statistics and contents related cookies. Cookies with a specified lifetime will have a new expiration date set each time the site to which a cookie is related is revisited.
You can always force immediate deletion of the cookies on your computer. Please consult the web browser’s help function for instructions on how to do this.
COOKIES USED ON THIS WEBSITE
We make a distinction between cookies sent by our website, (first party cookies) and those sent by the web-site of one of our partners, e.g. Google Analytics (third party cookies). In most browsers it is possible to define settings that control the acceptance of cookies on the computer.
If you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies which are set on your device then you can do this through your browser settings; the Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
- Google Analytics
- utma cookie
This is a permanent cookie used to track the number of visits to the website, date first visited and date last visited. The cookie does not make user identification possible.
- utmb and utmc cookies
These are temporary cookies. These two cookies form a pair, which is used to calculate time spent on the website. _utmb expires when a session ends, while _utmc lives on for 30 minutes after the session has ended. A cookie has no information about when you actually leave a website or shut down the web browser. Therefore, it waits 30 minutes to see if further pages are being shown before declaring a session ended.
- utmz cookie
This cookie typically lives for 12 hours. The cookie tracks the origin of the visitor, e.g. which search engine was used and what search criteria was used.
Twitter cookies are introduced by the Twitter follow button. For more information visit twitter.com/privacy
- LinkedIn LinkedIn cookies are introduced by the Linkedin follow button: __qca, bcookie, X-LI-IDC, visit, NSC_MC_WT_FU_IUUQ. They are used to track which pages the user visits to collect them. For more information visit http://www.linkedin.com/static?key=privacy_policy
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at our head office address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.